Swing Door Handle Set Installation Instructions
A Phillips screwdriver is required.
An Allen wrench for set screws is provided in the hardware package.
To prevent damage to the handle set while in construction phase, use the enclosed construction handle to operate the door. Lift to engage multipoint to close door. Push down to open the door.
Use water and a soft cloth to clean. Do not use brass cleaner as it will remove the protective coating.
NOTE: Handles and backplates vary by style but application is the same.
1. Apply the backplate gasket to the inside of the exterior and interior backplates. Push gaskets firmly into place to ensure a tight seal. Attach interior and exterior backplates to the door and fasten loosely with the screws provided. Note: The screw heads must be on the interior side of the door.
2. Insert the two-piece handle shaft into one handle. Be sure to orient the shaft as shown below. Screw the set screw until flush with handle using the allen wrench provided. Insert the handle with shaft attached through the escutcheon plate and door gear handle hole until extending out opposite side of door.
3. Install remaining handle onto shaft, pressing tightly to the backplates. Tighten the handle set screw with allen wrench. Screw until flush with handle.
4. Insert the keyed cylinder from the interior side of the door until it is flush with the exterior backplate. Install the cylinder screw in the screw hole below the deadbolt in the edge of the door to secure in place.
5. Hand tighten the backplate screws to complete assembly.